Learning to Fly Cakes and Pastries: Baby Boy Shower Tower

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Abby's 8th Birthday: A Gymnast's Delight!


Sweet Abby is the 8-year old daughter of two of my favorite students, Kim and Brady!  Kim contacted me about Abby's gymnastics-themed party, and I was excited to try my hand at creating a figure for the topper.  Abby was in on every stage of the planning.  I sent Kim and Abby pictures of cakes to look at.  From those, Abby decided on the colors she wanted. 

We decided that a gymnast doing a handstand would be perfect! WRONG! After about 4 tries of getting the balance just right, I called them, "Can we do a balance beam?"  Abby and Kim thought the balance would be fine and would be in line with the theme. This topper is what I came up with and Abby seemed perfectly delighted with it.      

The cake was butter-almond, which is becoming the most requested flavor, with almond buttercream and marshmallow fondant.  


I think it is amazing how closely the colors of the plates match the cake!  I know Abby and her friends had a great time celebrating Saturday afternoon!





2 comments:

  1. The cake was the most talked about topic at the party! Everyone LOVED it, and I dearly hated to cut it! Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I gave out your name to several people! You need to start sending business cards along with your cake.

    ReplyDelete