Learning to Fly Cakes and Pastries: Baby Boy Shower Tower

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celebration of a Magnificent Kind!


I taught many young adults throughout my career.  Naturally, some stand out in my memory more than others.  One of those is Jonathan Michaels, aka "Kirby".  Kirby attended most all school events, was a very good student, was a very polite young man, and was a good friend of my son.

As was usual with most students, Kirby went his way after graduation and we lost touch.  Through various people, I heard of his marriage and his children....and then devastatingly of his wife's cancer.   This was several years ago.

A few weeks ago, Kirby contacted me and wanted a cake to celebrate his wife's 5th year anniversary of being cancer-free!  How honored I was that he should ask me to be a part of this celebration.

Happy Special Anniversary to you, Shelley.  May you have many years of good health and much happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment