Learning to Fly Cakes and Pastries: Baby Boy Shower Tower

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Small Wedding Cakes for Great Friends!

My dear friend, Kim, called to ask me to make her a small wedding cake for an after wedding dinner.  My first instinct was, NO, I can't do a wedding cake! But she talked me into it, and she and Curt had a beautiful wedding and a lovely dinner party of sorts afterward.  The cake was "wedding white" with buttercream and cornelli lace in royal icing.  I was a wreck, but the cake was a success!  Congrats to Kim and Curt! Blessings to you both!




About a month after Kim's wedding, another former co-worker, Karri, called and asked me to make a cake for her wedding celebration.  This time, however, Ms. Alice, her 12-year old daughter, was in charge of the plans for the cake.  And what did Ms. Alice want?  FONDANT!!!  I made gumpaste calla lilies and leaves, with fondant pearls to enhance the cake.  Both Alice and Karri were happy with the results!  Blessings to Karri and Danny as they begin their life together!


1 comment:

  1. Elaine, it was a very beautiful cake and we enjoyed eating it. The cake was so delicious! Every time I open the freezer, I want to eat the top. I don't know if I can wait a year. You may have to make me one to eat before June 5, 2011!!! Maybe, I need to just come eat icing with you soon!!

    ReplyDelete